Monday, January 26, 2009

the new year..

So i keep coming across the question "whats your new years resolution?" and "what do you plan on doing differently in 2009?" so i decided to give it alot of thought and i realized that there is ALOT i want to change about my life. Some i cant control, but there is plenty that i can control.

1.I'd like to over come my fear of failure. My whole life I've feared it more than anything..I used to strive so hard to be the best at everything that it had alot of negative effects on me. I've gotten better about it, but it still has a powerful hold on me and my life.

2. I'd like to be able to let go of things that have happened in my life...losing people that i love. It still holds such a strong grip on me and it really weighs me down and 1/2 the time i dont realize it until i start thinking about it.

3. I'd like to confront my fear of change...and thats pretty much just about everything..losing people i love, losing contact, growing apart...Thats 1 of my main things i'd like to change.
I'd like to confront all of this beginning in 2009 by putting on the armor of God. I am giving myself to God. Yeah we both know I've said that before, and i meant it...i just didnt follow though. But thats why this time I'm giving myself to him and him alone! Not him and the world, HIM ALONE!


Life just gets hard some times...it really does. The 1 thing I hate is as Matt Pitt puts it "Whispers in the Dark", and we all have them..here are some examples...

1.) you're too fat
2.) you're ugly
3.) you're not skinny enough
4.)you'll never amount to anything
5.)you've got nothing to live for

and thats just some of them and im going to stop listening to the whispers in the dark, they are nothing but lies from Satan and he is under my feet.

It says in the bible in Romans 4, to have faith is to be righteous <{in right standing with God} and when you're righteous he can only protect you, bless you, and use you! Which is exactly what my heart desires. So no matter what change comes my way, ...and it definantly will!! I will be in right standing with him, trusting him with all of my heart, and giving my every day, every word, every action, and every emotion to him! This way I dont have to get ready for the future and always be scared, I know that yesterday, today, and tomorrow is the Lords, and I dont have to worry!

Things I'd like to do differently:
Be a Witness everywhere I go.
Have a more Christ like attitude when it comes to my brother.
Love when i dont think i can.
Change the world!!
Be WAY more consistant in my bible & prayer time.


Balancing my time in order to have my quiet time with God is something that i will have to do "on purpose!" At times I will just have to say NO to other things. Life is tough no matter what your age is and we have to make a choice to make the time to spend with God or not! Something really cool that God is teaching me, is to simply BELIEVE IN HIM. Believe everything His Word say, not just part. When Christ is put first, nothing is impossible!

No comments:

Post a Comment